Our residential unit enables us to target specific pupils to access and benefit from a 24-hour curriculum experience.
Our aim and objectives at Ysgol Pen-Y-Bryn’s Residential unit is to provide our pupils with positive social experiences and opportunities to develop independent living skills in a happy, safe and caring environment. Each pupil has his or her own room to provide personal space and security. Meals are enjoyed together and pupils assist in the preparation of each meal.
We aim to:
• To treat each of our pupils as individuals.
• To listen to their needs.
• To ensure that each pupil is able to develop at his or her own individual pace.
• To ensure the pupil is encouraged to make choices from a range of understandable options.
• To ensure the pupil is treated with dignity and respect at all times.
• To provide an environment, which is safe, warm and comfortable.
The atmosphere in the residential unit is relaxed, calm, homely and nurturing. Our focus is to develop independent living skills in a safe and purposeful manner.
The residential unit staff work hard to form meaningful and positive relationships with pupils, whilst providing a relaxed, stable, caring environment.